Wednesday 3 July 2013

§alvªge Ƙul.chªr pallet projects - Table made from re-purposed pallet

Rebirth of a Salvaged pallet - Table made from re-purposed pallet

This project was made using:
  1. Own design
  2. A discarded pallet
  3. Elbow grease
  4. A bit a love and care
  5. Homemade stain
  6. Nails and screws
  7. Graphic sourced from http://thegraphicsfairy.com/
  A stunning rustic table the end result.  Suitable for inside or outside use.







Table made from re-purposed pallets

Complete with natural marks, holes etc.

From this.....
Pallet after stage 1 - cleaning, fixing and planking
 
Sanded ready for staining process

Stain being applied.
This stain is homemade by §alvªge Ƙul.chªr for each project. This adds to the unique look and feel of the end product


Graphic design added - sourced from http://thegraphicsfairy.com/

Water based varnish
low odor and friendlier than the standard varnish that requires chemicals to clean brushes
 

8 comments:

Irene said...

You did a great job. I'm sure it was more than a "little" elbow grease. Love the end result. Do you find that the water based varnish is enough protection for outdoors? I'd love this for my deck. But I'm terrible at bringing things in in fowl weather. No room.

Crystal said...

So inspiring!! I love the table!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. How did you transfer the graphic?

Jakkie said...

@Irene, Thanks for the nice comment. The sealer is made by the manufacturer available in both indoor / outdoor use. Lately i only use the outdoor one. I apply 3 layers, but since it dries quickly the waiting time is cut by a third of normal varnishing processes. Huge plus i wash my brushes with water and soap, no harmful cleaning chemicals.

Jakkie said...

@Crystal - thanks :-)

Jakkie said...

@Cori
I used inkjet printer, split graphic over 10 A4 pages and printed on transparancy film for copier. Then transfer page by page to table, brandishing with a wooden dowl. I then use a fine point and fine flat artist paint brush and black acrylic paint to enhance as i see fit.

rkramadh said...

I have a pallet sitting in my garage and I keep thinking I should do something with it or get rid of it. Your project is so amazing. I am artistic but have never tried building stuff like this! I don't even know where to begin cutting/assembling stuff etc. My husband is handy but does not enjoy DIY projects :) Hope you will share your table assembling process. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Jakkie said...

@ rkramadh
I have not. as yet documented the assembly process., but hey i do have some "during" pics, so i will certainly give it a go, i will update the blog and facebook page. Like and subscribe to get auto update.
Watch this "space"